The wiring is all done now. I decided to use a standard Lucas loom from Premier Wiring instead of GD’s. I had a word with Alan and told him what I wanted and got him to add a few bits in for me, extra relays, more length where need etc. It has worked out really well and I am very pleased especially since it worked out about half the price.
All the ends are now complete with multiconectors and ready for the dash to be plugged straight in.
I also wasn’t happy with using female spade connectors straight onto the column switches so a quick trip down to the scrap yard out with the soldering iron and shrink wrap and it was all sorted.
I have had a thought that maybe there isn’t room for these within the cowl, I’ll just have to wait and see.
The horn has been fitted. I decided on a STEBEL at around 120 decibels it’s pretty loud, It certainly made my ears ring when I tried it in the garage.
I have used some waterproof connectors for the front head lights and fans, as these could be subject to the odd bit of water (not that I intend to get it wet of course)
while bullet connectors have been used in the boot and everything has been P clipped in place.
The only thing that was left was the wire for the number plate light. I did this by drilling two holes in the n/s hinge
and an access hole in the side of the boot
I then used a stripped wire from a length of 2.5mm twin and earth to thread through the boot. If you pull it out at each access hole and then carry on to the next it is pretty straight forward. Once the pull wire was in place I hooked taped the number plate light wire to it and pulled it through. You have to be careful not to pull to hard as the wire can get trapped between the two skins.
So that’s it for the electrics. “Where’s those instruments”