Sunday, 3 January 2010


Well what a fun time I’m having. Rubbing down has got to be one of my most loathed jobs, her indoors always does it when we do the decorating but for some reason I just couldn’t get her to take an interest in the Cobra. I'm sure it was the fact that it’s freezing outside or she’d of been out there like a shot ( lol )
I started off cutting out and drilling all the holes that GD had kindly marked out for me.
Body Holes
Next it was onto the flash lines on the body, armed with all the necessary tools I set to it.
After a few hours (seemed like days ) I started to make progress.
The next stage is to polish it up using Farecla and the buffing machine.
Having got a bit fed up with all the rubbing down I thought I’d trial fit the doors. Now in the build manual it says the doors are pre marked when it’s in the mould. Well mine weren't.
So after a bit of measuring and carefully opening out of the holes I managed to get the catches fitted and the doors swinging.
So that’s it I’m happy with the door fitment. It will need some minor adjustments when the rubbers are fitted etc.
Still not wanting to go back to the garage and carry on with the rubbing down, it’s freezing out there, I decided to strip the doors down and paint all the metalwork. I did undercoat it all in the garage standing as close as possible to the heater. BBrrrrrrrrrrrrr

But for the top coat I commandeered the conservatory, much warmer and thankfully a very understanding wife.
They still need a couple of coats but I’m getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment