The day had arrived. It was time to drop that big V8 in the chassis. I bolted on the alloy engine plates that GD had made for me and the engine mounts and it was time to “rock and roll “
If you fancy making your own plates there is plenty of information on LS1Tech and HERE or HERE
I also got GD to knock up a plate for the gearbox mount. I forgot to second coat it so I’ll have to get round to that. This is another part you could make yourself quite easily.
I decided to take the accidental reverse solenoid out and make a plate to blank it off as this feature is not used and it also allowed me to centre the gearbox better.
With the engine and gearbox all trussed up like a chicken we maneuvered it into place.
To be honest all went well here and it slipped in without any complications at all.
Look at that just wish I could start it and here the beast running. Still good things come to those who wait.