Friday, 2 October 2009

Engine Dilemma

Now the engine was quite a dilemma. Should I go for the traditional small block Chevy / Ford 350/351 and stroke it up or a newer injection model like an Chevy LS1 or LS6. 
After more or less deciding on an old Ford 351 that I would then strip and rebuild into a 393 stroker over the winter months I happened to come across a 2001 TransAm Firebird Ram Air that had been in an accident with a LS1 5.7 litre in it. 
It had only done 35000 miles and was still in the car, which let me hear it running and check the oil pressure and it also came with all the ancillaries, starter, alternator, ECU etc. Not forgetting the T56 6 speed gearbox.

So that was it change of plan and now the proud owner. I know some critics / traditionalists will say it’s not correct for the car and it’s a bit gay but I’m more than pleased with it and that’s what counts.

Chevy 5.7l V8 350hp
Chevrolet LS1 5.7 Litre V8   350 Horsepower

Laughing  Don’t Look Much Now But Wait Until The Puppy's In & Running Laughing

1 comment:

  1. I like your choice of engine :-) I've got myself an LS2 last year and am now just about ready to put it into the chassis.

    Looks like you got a good deal on the engine with the T56 gearbox.

    ReplyDelete