Tuesday, 29 September 2009

Sandblasting

I decided I would sand blast the parts myself (what a fool). Out comes my DIY compressor, no chance, not enough continuous pressure. A quick call to the hire company and a more industrial one sorted!!!!
Well, when it turned up my jaw nearly hit the floor, I just didn’t imagine what it would look like.
compressor

Do you think it's big enough !!
 
Unfortunately I have no pictures of me doing the actual blasting (honest), safe to say that it included a mask, goggles, long gloves and a large sheet with holes for eyes tied over my head (lol). What a fun couple of days that was and I'm not sure the neighbors enjoyed it much either.
Asked the question would I do it again, I probably would as it gave me a strange sense of satisfaction to see all those rusty parts coming back to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment